Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups carrots, washed (leave skins on), cut into 1" pieces
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 small turnips, (leave skins on), cut into 1" pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1.Preheat oven to 450º.
2.In a large bowl, combine all chopped vegetables. Add thyme or rosemary, oil, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
3.Pour vegetables in a large baking pan then bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour or until vegetables are tender, turning once.
4.Toss vegetables with balsamic or red wine vinegar then serve.
- Roasted Root Vegetables from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource