Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Red Pepper Dip from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 2 medium red sweet peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or ¼ teaspoon crushed and dried thyme)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Roast the peppers:
- Cut peppers into quarters and remove stem, seeds, and membranes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place peppers down on foil, skin side up and press each segment to lie flat on sheet.
- Bake in an oven at 425 °F for 20 minutes or until skin is blackened and blistered.
- Remove peppers from oven and place in a paper bag. Close bag and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel and discard skins.
- Place peppers in a food processor, cover and blend until finely chopped.
- Add tomato paste, sugar, thyme, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cover and blend until smooth.