Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A surprisingly tasty sweet and spicy combination. The creamy texture of the bananas enhances the creaminess of the melted cheese and sets off the spicy flavors of the cilantro and jalapenos. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with hot sauce or tomato salsa.
- This recipe is from Eat More, Weigh Less by Dr. Dean Ornish
- 12 fat-free corn or whole wheat flour tortillas
- 6 oz grated non-fat Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 medium bananas, sliced into thin circles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 6 tortillas on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cilantro, chiles, sprouts and bananas.
- Cover with the remaining tortillas and press down firmly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is soft and melted.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges and serve with hot sauce or salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
Serving size: 1 whole quesadilla or 6 triangles
- 121 calories | 1.5 grams fat | 0.5 milligram cholesterol | 82.6 milligrams sodium