- 4 lbs russet baking potatoes (8 medium), peeled and quartered
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, preferably Greek oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Place potatoes in a metal roasting pan large enough to fit potatoes in a single layer.
- Add 1 cup water, olive oil dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Toss potatoes until well coated.
- Bake, uncovered, until fork-tender and brown on the edges, about 50 minutes.
- Turn potatoes halfway through for even browning; add water if all the liquid has been absorbed, before they have fully browned.
- If desired, garnish with oregano; serve.