Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds (675 g.) boneless pork loin roast
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml.) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml.) olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 ml.) salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- vegetable cooking spray
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- With a sharp knife, make slits in the pork every inch (2.5 cm) or so at regular intervals.
- Combine the garlic, rosemary, olive oil, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the roast and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Before you are ready to roast the pork, preheat oven to 400°F (220°C, gas mark 6).
- Spray an oven proof roasting pan with cooking spray and place the roast in it. Roast until an instant-reading meat thermometer registers 160°F (71°C), about 1¼ hours, basting once.
- Transfer the pork to a warmed platter. Keep warm.
- Pour off any fat in the roasting pan.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and reduce over high heat, scraping up all the cooked bits, until the wine is reduced by ⅓.
- To serve, slice in thin slices and spoon the wine sauce over the slices. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Nutritional information Edit
- 203 calories (48% calories from fat) | 24g protein | 11g total fat (3.3g saturated fat) | 1g carbohydrate | 59 mg cholesterol | 50mg sodium