Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds (675 g) boneless pork loin roast
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 ml) salt (optional)
- vegetable cooking spray
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- rosemary sprigs for garnish (optional)
- With a sharp knife, make slits in the pork every inch (2.5 cm) or so at regular intervals.
- Combine the garlic, rosemary, olive oil, pepper, and salt (if using) in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the roast and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Before you are ready to roast the pork, preheat oven to 400°F (220°C, gas mark 6).
- Spray an oven proof roasting pan with cooking spray and place the roast in it.
- Roast until an instant-reading meat thermometer registers 160°F (71°C), about 1¼ hours, basting once.
- Transfer the pork to a warmed platter.
- Keep warm.
- Pour off any fat in the roasting pan.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and reduce over high heat, scraping up all the cooked bits, until the wine is reduced by ⅓.
- To serve, slice in thin slices and spoon the wine sauce over the slices.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- 203 calories (48% calories from fat) | 24g protein | 11g total fat (3.3g saturated fat) | 1g carbohydrate | 59 mg cholesterol | 50mg sodium