Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Begin this at least 12 hours before serving.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings.
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4 to 5 pound roast, eye of round or rump
- Process first 8 ingredients in a food processor until a thick paste forms, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Make 3 to 4 (1-inch) cuts in each side of roast with a sharp knife.
- Fill each cut with about 1 teaspoon of paste.
- Spread remaining paste over beef.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Unwrap roast; place in a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake, covered, at 325°F for 3 hours and 15 minutes or until meat shreds and a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 180°F (meat will not shred below this temperature)
- Let stand 10 minutes before shredding or chopping.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Serve with corn tortillas, sour cream, pico de gallo and onions, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 231 | Fat 7.4g | Carbs 2g | Sodium 551mg | Fiber 0.4g