Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 whole bulb garlic
- 3 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lb beef, boneless round steak
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top ½ inch from each garlic bulb to expose the ends of the individual cloves.
- Leaving garlic bulb(s) whole, remove any loose, papery outer layers.
- Fold a 20x18-inch piece of heavy foil in half crosswise.
- Trim into a 10-inch square.
- Place garlic bulb(s) cut sides up in center of foil square.
- Sprinkle garlic with basil and rosemary and drizzle with oil.
- Bring up 2 opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold.
- Fold remaining edges together to enclose garlic, leaving space for steam to build.
- For a charcoal grill, place garlic packet on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill about 30 minutes or until garlic feels soft when packet is squeezed, turning garlic occasionally.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from steaks.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt evenly over both sides of steaks; rub in with your fingers.
- While garlic is grilling, add steaks to grill.
- Grill until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling.
- For ribeye steaks, allow 11 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) and 14 to 18 minutes for medium (160°F).
- For sirloin steak, allow 14 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145°F) and 18 to 22 minutes for medium (160°F) (for a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place garlic, then steaks on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above).
- To serve, cut steaks into 6 serving-size pieces.
- Remove garlic from foil, reserving the oil mixture.
- Squeeze garlic pulp from each clove onto steaks.
- Mash pulp slightly with a fork; spread over steaks.
- Drizzle with the reserved oil mixture.
Nutritional information Edit
- 189 Calories | 9g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 139mg Sodium | 4g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 0g Sugars | 52mg Cholesterol | 22g Protein
- Exchanges: 3 lean meat | ½ fat
- Carb choices: ½