This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup currants
- ⅓ cup brandy
- 3 roasted garlic heads
- 1 pound cream cheese
- ¾ cup toasted almonds finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl macerate currants in the brandy for 30 minutes.
- Drain well and return to the bowl.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp from the heads into a bowl taking care to remove any bits of skin from the pulp.
- Add the roasted garlic to the currants along with the cream cheese and almonds.
- Using an electric mixer beat on low speed until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper then refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.