Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup currants
- ⅓ cup brandy
- 3 roasted garlic heads
- 1 pound cream cheese
- ¾ cup toasted almonds finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl macerate currants in the brandy for 30 minutes.
- Drain well and return to the bowl.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp from the heads into a bowl taking care to remove any bits of skin from the pulp.
- Add the roasted garlic to the currants along with the cream cheese and almonds.
- Using an electric mixer beat on low speed until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper then refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.