- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Stir in the roasted garlic and shallots and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook until reduced and the pan is almost dry, about 3 to 5 minutes, to concentrate the flavors of the sauce. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Mix in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
Place the ricotta cheese and about 1/3 cup of the garlic mixture into a blender. With the blender on, slowly pour in the remaining sauce through the opening in the blender lid; the sauce will thicken.