Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Roasted Eggplant, Tomato and Arugula from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 2 medium sized eggplants, cut into ¾ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1½ cups red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups arugula
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place eggplant on a foil-lined broiler pan and brush with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil then drizzle lemon juice over slices.
- Broil eggplant for 8–10 minutes, turning once until tender and golden, then sprinkle with cilantro.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, garlic and sauté for 1–2 minutes until softened but not mushy.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Arrange eggplant on salad plates.
- Divide feta cheese and mound on each plate on top of eggplant.
- Divide tomatoes and place on top of feta cheese then top with arugula leaves.
- In the skillet, under low heat, add the remaining oil and balsamic vinegar and heat through for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle dressing over each salad.