Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 1½ lb Chilean sea bass, skinless bones removed, cut into four 1½" thick steaks
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup drained canned plum tomatoes crushed, juice reserved
- 3 large leeks split, washed, and julienned
- 2 shallots finely minced
- ¼ cup pitted Niçoise olives
- 3 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup dry white vermouth
- ½ cup fish stock
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Sear the tomatoes over medium heat, add the leeks, and cook together 3 minutes.
- Add the shallots, olives, capers, reserved tomato juice, vermouth, and stock, and cook 5 minutes more over medium heat, or until the sauce reduces slightly.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into an ovenproof casserole.
- Place the on top of the bed of vegetables and roast the for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Gently remove the from the casserole, stir in the tarragon and butter and spoon the vegetable sauce around the fish.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional chopped tarragon.