Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1¼ pounds small thin skinned potatoes scrubbed and halved
- 1 small white onion cut in half
- 1 small carrot quartered
- ½ cup garlic cloves peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup butter cut in small chunks
- 4 pound roasting chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes cut side down, onion, carrot and garlic cloves in a rectangular baking pan.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and dot with butter.
- Rinse chicken inside and out then pat dry and place breast side up atop vegetables.
- Roast uncovered in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes then brush chicken with pan juices and return to oven.
- Continue to roast basting often for 45 minutes.
- Tilt chicken to drain juices from cavity into pan.
- Transfer chicken, potatoes and half the garlic to a platter and keep warm.
- Scrape onion, carrot, remaining garlic and pan juices into a blender and process until smoothly pureed adding enough broth to make a pourable sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper then pour sauce into a small serving bowl.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with sauce.