Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 medium Eggplant (about 12 oz/360 g)
- sea salt
- 1/3 cup (3 oz/90) fat-free or low-fat Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, preferably tarragon flavored
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or tarragon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick (6-mm) slices
- 1 French baguette, split lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups (2 oz/60 g) lightly packed fresh arugula, baby spinach or frisÃ©e
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, patted dry and thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces (90 g) crumbled goat Cheese or feta Cheese
1.Trim Eggplant ends and cut Eggplant crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick (1.25-cm-thick) slices. Place the slices in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 15 minutes to remove excess moisture. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
3 Place oven rack 4 inches (10 cm) from broiler element. Preheat the broiler. Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Coat both sides of Eggplant slices and Onion slices with cooking spray and arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. (You may have to broil in 2 batches if the baking sheet is not large enough to hold all the vegetables.) Broil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly browned.
4 Spread 2 tablespoons of the Mayonnaise mixture on cut sides of baguette. Place arugula and pepper slices on bottom half. Top with the Eggplant slices. Spread the remaining Mayonnaise mixture on Eggplant slices and sprinkle with pepper. Top with Onion slices and Cheese.
5 Replace bread top. Cut into 4 equal pieces and serve at room temperature.