Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Roasted Butternut Squash, Feta and Penne from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 45 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 1½ pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 x 8-ounce package of penne pasta
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ½ large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbed
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Place squash in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle ½ tablespoon of the olive oil over the squash and add the rosemary and garlic.
- Toss until coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until squash is golden and softened.
- Cook penne according to package instructions.
- Drain, then return to saucepan.
- Stir in the butter and toss until coated.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Add the squash and penne and gently toss to combine.
- Add feta cheese and gently toss.
- Pass the Parmesan cheese at the table.