Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4 – 6
- 1 pound baby beets, stems trimmed to 1-inch
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 3 – 4 cups washed and dried spinach leaves
- ¼ pound crumbled roquefort cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash beets then wrap in parchment-lined aluminum foil and roast in center of oven until tender, 45 – 60 minutes.
- Peel beets and cut in half.
- Whisk together shallot, lemon juice and mustard.
- Whisk in oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss beets in a little dressing.
- Place spinach on a large platter, top with beets then cheese.
- Drizzle lightly with dressing.
- Serve remaining dressing on side.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (133.54 g-wt.):
- 190 calories (15 from fat) | 15g total fat | 5g saturated fat | 6g protein | 10g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 6g sugar) | 15mg cholesterol | 420mg sodium