- 8 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium onions, cut in half and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 3 small California avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- ½ Cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 small California avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp shredded fresh basil
Place tomatoes, cut sides down, in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until skins look blistered.
Pour tomatoes with juices into a Dutch oven.
Drizzle with olive oil, stirring to coat.
Bake at 425° for 25 minutes.
Add vegetables to Dutch oven.
Add broth, and bring to a boil.
Boil 5 minutes.
Add coarsely chopped avocado and next 3 ingredients.
Process mixture in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Return to Dutch oven, and keep warm.