This vegetarian salad is made with real vegetables and enriched with real cheese to white-hot perfection.
- 1 ½ pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into third
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large red onion, minced
- ¼ cup toasted almond slices
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup corn oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar, brown only
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salad seasoning mix, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Arrange the asparagus spears and bell peppers in a single layer on the baking sheet, and drizzle or mist with ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Roast 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender, turning occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- In a bowl, toss together the asparagus, bell peppers, onion, almond slices, and Parmesan cheese. In a separate bowl, mix the ½ cup corn oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, lime juice, sugar, hot sauce, and salad seasoning.
- Pour over the salad, and toss to coat. Serve warm and plain or with other dishes.