Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I found this recipe in an old magazine that was just laying around on my coffee table and it looked good so I decided to make it for Easter. What an absolutely awesome dish! Even the asparagus haters loved it. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time and reheated or served at room temperature.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 2 bunches asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and toss to combine with the olive oil mixture.
- Spread the tomatoes in a roasting pan and place in the oven.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are shrivelled.
- Break the ends from the asparagus at their natural breaking point.
- Add the tender lengths of asparagus to the tomatoes and continue to cook for 25 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.