Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 32 asparagus spears
- 4 oz package sliced pancetta or you could use regular bacon
- black pepper to taste
- Place baking sheet with sides on bottom rack of oven.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Trim asparagus spears to 6 inch lengths.
- For each bundle, wrap half a pancetta slice around the middle of 2 asparagus spears.
- When all 16 bundles are assembled, remove the hot baking sheet from oven.
- Arrange bundles on sheet.
- Roast 5 minutes.
- Turn bundles over, continue to roast for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp and asparagus is tender.
- To serve, transfer bundles to a plate and sprinkle with pepper.
- Can be served hot, warm, or at room temp.