- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut turkey giblets into small pieces, set aside (for the sauce).
- Peel the oranges.
- Divide them into sections, then set aside for garnish.
- Cut the orange peel into half-inch slices.
- Melt the margarine in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Add the sliced orange peel, then saute quickly for a minute.
- Stuff the orange peel into the turkey.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, cooking oil, and orange juice.
- Brush all over the turkey, reserving half for later.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper, truss and transfer to a large roasting pan, then roast in the oven at 375°F for about 1 hour.
- Brush the rest of the honey-orange mixture on the turkey, then return to the oven and roast for 60 - 90 minutes more, until it is cooked.
- You can check by using a meat thermometer - the internal meat temperature must reach at least 160°F (71°C).
- After it is cooked, turn off the heat and leave in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes more before serving.
- (Do this while roasting the turkey): melt butter in a small sauce pan over high heat.
- Sauté chopped onions and giblets for about 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine, then reduce for 3 minutes.
- Add the orange marmalade, bouillon cube, and water (or chicken stock).
- Bring to a quick boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add the cream, then thicken with some cornstarch dissolved in cold water.
To serve Edit
- Transfer the roast turket to a serving dish.
- Garnish by surrounding it with orange slices and some fresh greens.
- Serve sauce in a separate bowl.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.