Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- The sucking pig is roasted whole or it may be cut in half.
- When the sucking pig is roasted whole, cut its vertebral bone up to its fleshy part from the inside, add the salt and lay it on a baking pan with its back upwards.
- Slightly cover the sucking pig with the sour cream, pour it over with melted butter, pour out 0.5 cupful of water on the baking pan and place it in oven for 1 to 1.5 hour.
- For making a ruddy dry crust periodically pour melted fat on the sucking pig while roasting it.
- To protect its ears from burning cover them with some dough for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Then remove the dough and continue to roast.
- Put the peeled potatoes into the sucking pig to keep its shape.
- If the sucking pig is not roasted whole, cut it in half along its backbone, spread, rub the salt in, cover with sour cream and roast it periodically greasing with melted fat.
- Serve the roasted sucking pig cold together with horseradish.
- It may also be served hot as a holiday dish.