In Romanian: Friptura de iepure
- After taking the meat out of the marinade, wash with cold water, rub with salt and let sit for approximately 1 hour.
- Then dry and interlard with pieces of bacon and garlic cloves.
- Grease a pan with lard, set the meat inside, pour ½ cup water, add a little salt and a tablespoon of vinegar or better yet ½ cup wine.
- Place 1 tablespoon lard over the meat and roast at medium heat, taking care to baste every 10 – 15 minutes with the pan drippings.
- When ready, slice, arrange on the platter and pour the pan dripping over the meat.
- If there is too little sauce, after the meat is removed, add 2 tablespoons of water and let come to a boil on top of the range.
- The sauce may be served separately in a gravy boat.
- Serve the meat with beet salad.