Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Friptura de iepure
- After taking the meat out of the marinade, wash with cold water, rub with salt and let sit for approximately 1 hour.
- Then dry and interlard with pieces of bacon and garlic cloves.
- Grease a pan with lard, set the meat inside, pour ½ cup water, add a little salt and a tablespoon of vinegar or better yet ½ cup wine.
- Place 1 tablespoon lard over the meat and roast at medium heat, taking care to baste every 10 – 15 minutes with the pan drippings.
- When ready, slice, arrange on the platter and pour the pan dripping over the meat.
- If there is too little sauce, after the meat is removed, add 2 tablespoons of water and let come to a boil on top of the range.
- The sauce may be served separately in a gravy boat.
- Serve the meat with beet salad.