Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 pounds small new potatoes peeled and quartered
- 3 medium tart green apples peeled cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in an 8 quart flameproof casserole over moderate heat for 1 minute.
- Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Remove pork and set aside.
- Add onion to the casserole and sauté, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage, potatoes, apples, sugar, salt, pepper, wine and vinegar.
- Bring to a simmer then return pork to the casserole.
- Transfer casserole to the oven and bake uncovered for 1½ hours.