Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A good accompaniment would be sautéd slices of polenta.
- 1 each McIntosh apple
- ½ cup diced onions
- 2 each bay leaves
- 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup de-fatted stock
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1 Bosc pear
- ⅓ cup diced carrots
- 1 tbsp fruit concentrate 
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lbs boneless pork loin 
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup cider
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Quarter and core the apple and pear.
- Take one section of each and chop fine; place in an 8x8 baking dish.
- Coarsely chop the remaining apple and pear; place in 2 quart saucepan and set aside.
- To baking dish, add the onions, carrots, bay leaves, fruit concentrate, thyme, garlic and orange rind; mix well.
- Rub the pork on all sides with about ½ teaspoon of the oil.
- Place it in the dish and turn to coat all sides with the marinade mixture.
- Cover and set aside for 3 to 4 hours in a cool place (refrigerate in hot weather).
- While pork marinates, saute reserved apple and pear in the remaining oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in raspberries, remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove pork from marinade, sear on all sides over high heat (about 4 minutes per side).
- Place marinade in bottom of roasting pan, place pork on a rack over marinade.
- Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 140°F.
- Remove pork from pan, set aside, keep warm.
- Pour any accumulated fat from roasting pan.
- Add stock and cider.
- Over high heat, constantly stir the liquid and scrape the bottom of pan for about 5 minutes to deglaze.
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth, add to pan and stir until thickened.
- Strain the sauce into a saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Season with pepper.
- Briefly reheat the compote.
- Serve thinly sliced pork with the compote and sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: 335 calories, 6.7 g fat (18%) 37 g protein, 96 mg sodium, : 111 mg cholesterol