Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In a large saucepan stir together marinade ingredients.
- Bring marinade just to a boil, stirring (marinade will rise and foam), and remove pan from heat.
- In a blender purée marinade in 2 batches, transferring it as puréed to bowl.
- Cool marinade to room temperature and spoon off any remaining foam.
- Made by rubbing together softened butter and 1 flour.
- In a large heavy resealable plastic bag combine pork and marinade and seal bag, pressing out any excess air.
- Put bag in a baking pan and marinate pork, chilled, turning bag once or twice, at least 8 hours and up to 24.
- Let pork in marinade come to room temperature, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer marinade to a saucepan and bring just to a boil.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pat pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- In a flameproof roasting pan heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown pork on all sides.
- Roast pork in middle of oven, basting frequently with some marinade, until a meat thermometer registers 155°F.
- For slightly pink meat, 1 to 1½ hours.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board, reserving juices in roasting pan and discarding string, and let stand, covered loosely with foil, about 15 minutes.
- While pork is standing, skim and discard fat from pan and add remaining marinade.
- Deglaze roasting pan over moderately high heat, scraping up brown bits.
- Bring sauce just to a boil and strain through a fine sieve into another saucepan.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and whisk in beurre manié, bit by bit, whisking until sauce is combined well and thickened slightly.
- Serve pork, sliced, with sauce.