Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: The Eva Farmer Cookbook
- Author: Marion Koschak
- Serves 4
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow open pan.
- Rub lightly with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Roast 1½ to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature is 160°F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes for easy carving.
- Serve with hot applesauce and horseradish.
- ↑ Ask the butcher to cut through the shin bone, and the roast will be easy to carve. If you want to do a 5- to 7-lb roast, it will need three or more hours of cooking time.