Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: The Eva Farmer Cookbook
- Author: Marion Koschak
- Serves 4
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow open pan.
- Rub lightly with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Roast 1½ to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature is 160°F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes for easy carving.
- Serve with hot applesauce and horseradish.
- ↑ Ask the butcher to cut through the shin bone, and the roast will be easy to carve. If you want to do a 5- to 7-lb roast, it will need three or more hours of cooking time.