Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: River Road Recipes IV
- Serves 8
- 1 beef rump roast (6 lbs)
- 4 large onions, cut into quarters
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, trimmed and chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed or smashed
- 2 cans tomato paste, 6 oz each
- 1 can whole tomatoes (16 oz)
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced onion
- Combine the roast and onion quarters with enough water to cover in a large stockpot.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Reserve 3 cups of the broth.
- Cool slightly.
- Chill the reserved broth and roast in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Cut the chilled roast into 1 inch thick slices and skim fat from broth.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat and stir in the flour.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the green onions, celery, parsley and tomatoes and brown sugar; reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the Tabasco, Worcestershire, minced garlic and minced onion and mix well.
- Bring to a rapid simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the reserved beef and mix gently.
- Cook just until heated through.
- Serve with New Orleans-style French bread baguettes.