Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 4 servings (about 1 cup each)
- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup chopped onion, red, white, or yellow only
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded or cubed, cooked, lean beef
- 2 cups peeled and cubed cooked potatoes
- ½ tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, optional
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic until tender.
- Add beef and potatoes to skillet; sprinkle with herbs.
- Cook over medium heat until meat and potatoes are browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot and plain or with other side dishes then drizzle with the hot sauce, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (about 1 cup each):
- 244 Calories | 6g Fat | 50.7g Cholesterol | 44mg Sodium | 19.9g Protein | 27.5g Carbs
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable | 1½ bread | 2 meat