Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Rizoto cu rinichi
- 1 beef or 2 veal or pork kidneys
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups meat broth or water
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 3 onions
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- a little sugar
- grated parmesan to taste
- chopped parsley
- Remove the outer membranes from the kidneys, split in half lengthwise, remove the interior fatty tissues and slice thinly.
- Set to boil starting with cold water.
- After it comes to a boil, drain and wash the kidneys with tepid water.
- Finely chop the onion, fry in 2 tablespoons of lard until softened, add tomato sauce, paprika, one cup meat broth or water, salt, pepper, sugar and the kidneys.
- Simmer until the kidneys are done.
- In the meantime, fry the rice in one tablespoon of lard, add a cup meat broth.
- Place the rice in a greased bundt pan (hole in the middle), cover and set into the oven to bake.
- When the rice is done, turn onto a plate, spread some grated parmesan on top and place the kidneys and sauce in the middle hole.
- Spread some chopped parsley on top and serve hot.