Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rice / apple pudding
- Makes 6 servings.
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced into ¼-inch wedges
- juice of one lemon
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Sprinkle apples with lemon juice; cover to keep from discoloring.
- Set aside.
- Bring milk, butter, sugar, rice and salt to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 30 minutes or until rice is soft and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Add brandy.
- Spoon rice into buttered shallow round 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange apple slices on top in an overlapping spiral.
- Topping: blend breadcrumbs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.