Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 medium white onions coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dry red wine
- Add oil to Dutch oven over medium heat then add onions.
- Toss with oil then add 1 tablespoon water and cook until limp.
- Add ground beef and cook until all the pink is gone.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes.