Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Ritchie Estate in Balch Springs, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ pound cheddar cheese sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, tomato sauce, bread crumbs, taco seasoning, pepper, onion and egg then mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Place half the meat mixture in loaf pan.
- Make a deep well the length of loaf then place cheese mixture in well and place remaining meat mixture on top.
- Bake for 1½ hours then pour off drippings and top with sliced cheese and allow to stand for 10 minutes.