Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Ritchie Estate in Balch Springs, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted margarine
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon ginger[
- 1¼ cups [water]]
- ½ cup raisins
- 6 cups peeled cored and sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add margarine, egg and milk.
- Mix well then set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger.
- Gradually add water stirring to dissolve cornstarch then add raisins and cook and stir until mixture is boiling.
- Add apples, lemon juice and margarine.
- Continue cooking until apples begin to soften.
- Turn apple mixture into a well oiled square pan.
- Drop prepared dough onto apple mixture by large spoonfuls.
- Bake for 25 minutes.