Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1/4 pound lean Italian sweet Sausage, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 celery stalks, peeled and sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium grain rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Romano Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook Sausage in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Cook celery for 3 minutes in boiling water; set aside.
- Cook shallots and garlic in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Do not brown.
- Stir in rice and increase heat.
- Add wine and continue to stir rice mixture until wine is absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Increase heat and stir about 1 cup chicken broth into rice mixture. Stir until absorbed. Continue adding chicken stock and water 1 cup at a time, stirring until liquid is absorbed.
- When rice is cooked, reduce heat and stir in Sausage and celery.
- Add cream and cheeses. Continue stirring over medium heat for about 2