Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An excellent accompaniment to Roast Goose with Chestnut, Foie Gras and Sage Stuffing
- Gizzard, heart and neck from 1 goose, washed
- 1 large leek, including an inch of green, cleaned
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 black peppercorns
- 7 tablespoons rendered goose or duck fat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cups arborio rice
- ½ pound white mushrooms, wiped clean, trimmed and sliced
- ¾ cup frozen petite peas, defrosted
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Combine gizzard, heart, neck, leek, carrots and cold water in a saucepan.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and peppercorns, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn heat down and simmer, partially covered, until meats are tender, about 1 hour. Keep piping hot.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of the goose or duck fat in a heavy medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and gently sauté until translucent.
- Stir in rice, turning to coat all kernels, and cook until they turn opaque and begin to swell.
- Pour all but ¼ cup of the hot stock through a strainer into rice, stir once, cover pan tightly, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons goose or duck fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in mushrooms and sauté until just limp.
- Chop gizzard and heart into small pieces, and remove meat from neck. Keep meats warm in a little of the stock.
- Stir peas, giblets and mushrooms into risotto.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.