Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 package Zatarain's Jambalaya mix (seasoned rice mix)
- 1 lb andouille sausage, diced
- ½ lb crabmeat
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 cans chicken broth
- ½ stick butter
- peanut oil
- Sauté sausage, onion, celery, green pepper for about 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and jambalaya mix and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add crabmeat and continue to cook and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Stir butter into mixture and remove from heat.
- Store mixture in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Add egg and mayonnaise to mixture.
- The mixture should be thick by now.
- Sprinkle flour about ¼ inch thick on a cutting board.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the mixture onto the flour to make one cake.
- Flatten the cake with a spatula, and flip it to dredge the other side in the flour.
- Heat nonstick skillet and add about ¼ inch of the peanut oil over medium heat.
- If the oil starts to smoke, it's too hot! fry the cake until golden brown, about 4 minutes for the first side and 3 minutes for the second.
- Mix sauce ingredients and serve over cakes.