Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 package Zatarain's Jambalaya mix (seasoned rice mix)
- 1 lb andouille sausage, diced
- ½ lb crabmeat
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 cans chicken broth
- ½ stick butter
- peanut oil
- Sauté sausage, onion, celery, green pepper for about 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and jambalaya mix and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add crabmeat and continue to cook and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Stir butter into mixture and remove from heat.
- Store mixture in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Add egg and mayonnaise to mixture.
- The mixture should be thick by now.
- Sprinkle flour about ¼ inch thick on a cutting board.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the mixture onto the flour to make one cake.
- Flatten the cake with a spatula, and flip it to dredge the other side in the flour.
- Heat nonstick skillet and add about ¼ inch of the peanut oil over medium heat.
- If the oil starts to smoke, it's too hot! fry the cake until golden brown, about 4 minutes for the first side and 3 minutes for the second.
- Mix sauce ingredients and serve over cakes.