Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 4 cups skim milk, divided
- 1 cup uncooked medium grain rice
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, quartered figs or other dried fruit
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 3 cups skim milk, rice, Sugar, salt and cinnamon in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat; stirring occasionally 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Add remaining 1 cup skim milk and cherries.
- Cook 12 to 15 minutes more; stirring until mixture slowly boils and thickens.
- Add whole milk; cook, stirring, 5 to 7 minutes more until pudding is thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla; stir and spoon into individual serving bowls.