Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4 – 6, with leftovers
- 3 – 4 lb boneless pork roast
- garlic pepper
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup apple or grape jelly
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Rub surfaces of roast with garlic pepper.
- Place roast in a shallow pan and place in a preheated 350°F oven; roast for 30 minutes.
- To make basting sauce, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stir to mix well.
- Pour basting sauce over roast and continue to roast, basting occasionally, until meat thermometer inserted registers 155°F, about 20 – 30 more minutes.
- Remove roast from pan and let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Remove pan drippings to a small saucepan, add enough water to make one cup and bring to a boil; boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Serve sauce on side with roast.