Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4 – 6, with leftovers
- 3 – 4 lb boneless pork roast
- garlic pepper
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup apple or grape jelly
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Rub surfaces of roast with garlic pepper.
- Place roast in a shallow pan and place in a preheated 350°F oven; roast for 30 minutes.
- To make basting sauce, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stir to mix well.
- Pour basting sauce over roast and continue to roast, basting occasionally, until meat thermometer inserted registers 155°F, about 20 – 30 more minutes.
- Remove roast from pan and let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Remove pan drippings to a small saucepan, add enough water to make one cup and bring to a boil; boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Serve sauce on side with roast.