Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For the Pastry Edit
- 400g. (3c + 2T) plain flour
- ½ tsp.salt
- 200 ml. (6.8 fluid oz) cold water
- 125 - 50g. (1/2-1/4 c) margarine , or lard , or butter
For Filling Edit
- Mix the sieved flour and salt with approximately 200ml. of cold water into a soft pliable but not sticky dough, knead well leave to rest for about 90 minutes.
- When rested, roll stretch and pull the dough on a floured surface, into long strips, spread half the fat over the entire lenth of dough, first with a palette knife then with clean hands, take one end of the dough and roll it up like a swiss roll, make it uneven turning it tightly sometimes then more loosely, rest it in the frig.
- Repeat the rolling and sometimes so that the roll is once more a long strip, spread the remaining fat, roll it up again like a swiss roll this time in a different direction from the first roll, all these rolling enhance the flakiness of the finished pastry, rest it again.
- Mash the ricotta with the salt and pepper , add the beaten eggs , cut off pieces of dough the size of a small ball with a sharp knife, pull out each piece with your fingers like a thin disc.
- Place a spoonful of ricotta mixture in the center, close the dough around it and seal the edge with your fingers, place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake on 200'c / 400'f /gas 6. for 25 minutes or till golden