Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds pearl onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ pound mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound freshly cooked rigatoni
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook onions in boiling water for two minutes then drain and cool.
- When cool peel and remove roots.
- In a medium skillet heat the butter and cook onions over high until lightly browned then lower the heat,cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes longer then add vinegar and sherry and cook over high heat until almost all of the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil then add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with rigatoni and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve warm.