Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Amish turnip casserole
- 1½ cup turnip, grated
- 1½ cup potato, grated
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup low fat yogurt
- ½ cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup sunflower, olive, or safflower oil
- 2 med onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients, except the bread crumbs, in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased shallow casserole (23 cm or 9 inches). Then scatter the bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375 °F (190 °C). Serve immediately.
- Fry the bread crumbs in a small amount of oil, before scattering them over the top of the dish