Meat and wine pie
- 1 kg minced meat (500 g pork, 200 g beef, 300 g veal)
- 2 carrots
- 2 shallots
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 4 cl cognac
- powdered condiment
- Finely chop the vegetables and mix them with the remaining ingredients for the filling.
- Leave to macerate for 48 hours.
- To prepare the pastry mix the flour, eggs, salt and water.
- Add the melted butter.
- Leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Roll out the pastry.
- Pile the filling on the pastry by forming a clump.
- Fold the pastry over the filling and press to close the edges.
- Make 2 or 3 chimneys (decorate their rims with pastry).
- Trace a criss-cross pattern with a fork.
- Brush with the egg yolk mixed with a little cold water.
- Put in the oven at medium heat for some 2 hours (until the cooking juices comes out clear).
- Leave to cool completely.
- Cook the pig's trotters and ears with the mirepoix for some 3–4 hours.
- Add the riesling.
- Pour this aspic through the chimneys into the pastry.
- Leave to cool in the refrigerator for 3–4 hours.