Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Meat and wine pie
- 1 kg minced meat (500 g pork, 200 g beef, 300 g veal)
- 2 carrots
- 2 shallots
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 4 cl cognac
- powdered condiment
- Finely chop the vegetables and mix them with the remaining ingredients for the filling.
- Leave to macerate for 48 hours.
- To prepare the pastry mix the flour, eggs, salt and water.
- Add the melted butter.
- Leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Roll out the pastry.
- Pile the filling on the pastry by forming a clump.
- Fold the pastry over the filling and press to close the edges.
- Make 2 or 3 chimneys (decorate their rims with pastry).
- Trace a criss-cross pattern with a fork.
- Brush with the egg yolk mixed with a little cold water.
- Put in the oven at medium heat for some 2 hours (until the cooking juices comes out clear).
- Leave to cool completely.
- Cook the pig's trotters and ears with the mirepoix for some 3–4 hours.
- Add the riesling.
- Pour this aspic through the chimneys into the pastry.
- Leave to cool in the refrigerator for 3–4 hours.