Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 28 eggs, beaten well
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 3 lbs. ricotta, fine
- 1 – 2 large (12 oz.) chocolate bar or milk chocolate with nuts (optional to taste)
- 1 small bottle citron
- 1 small bottle maraschino cherries, chopped
- Beat eggs well, add sugar and beat.
- Add ricotta and beat.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Divide dough into 2 parts, 1 large and 1 small ball.
- Using larger ball, roll out and line a 12-inch baking dish.
- Pour mixture and cover with strips rolled out from small ball of dough.
- Fill pan ¾ full.
- Bake at 325°F for 3 hours.
- Remove when cooled.