Simply the best!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 (15 ounces) container ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and margarine or butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat in ricotta, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart,onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft).
- With pancake turner, remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- When cookies are cool, prepare icing: in small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth.
- With small metal spatula or knife, spread icing on cookies; sprinkle with red or green sugar crystals.
- Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely, about 1 hour.