Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My parents own a traditionally-run sheep farm in the Falkland Islands. Cruise ship tourists come to visit and enjoy the experience. I cook this chocolate cake for my mum to serve to her visitors.
- 170 g (6 oz) (3/4 cup) butter
- 110 g (4 oz) (1/2 cup) sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- 170 g (6 oz) (1&3/4 cup) plain flour
- 55 g (2 oz) (1/2c) cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Melt the butter, sugar, syrup and milk over a low heat.
- Once melted add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarb.
- Stir well and pour into a greased tin (I pour into two loaf tins but one larger tin is fine).
- Cook for 1 hour on 180°C / gas 4 / 350°F.
- Test with a skewer - if the mixtures sticks then cook for a little longer.