Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This soup is rich and very good.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Mrs. George Glock
- Serves 4
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup chopped green onions, including tops
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ tbsp pepper
- Chop mushrooms in food processor or finely chop by hand.
- Put butter in large skillet and cook onions over low heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add chopped mushrooms and cook mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir for 3 more minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add chicken stock and half and half slowly while you whisk mixture.
- Return to moderate heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Continue stirring.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Better if made ahead and reheated.
- Also can be frozen.