This soup is rich and very good.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Mrs. George Glock
- Serves 4
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup chopped green onions, including tops
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ tbsp pepper
- Chop mushrooms in food processor or finely chop by hand.
- Put butter in large skillet and cook onions over low heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add chopped mushrooms and cook mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir for 3 more minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add chicken stock and half and half slowly while you whisk mixture.
- Return to moderate heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Continue stirring.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Better if made ahead and reheated.
- Also can be frozen.