Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups All Purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Freshly Grated ginger (not Powdered!)
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Myer's rum or 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon allspice (jamaican Preferred)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs, Beaten
- 1 1/2 Lbs Peeled, Grated carrots (4 Cups)
- 2/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons Melted butter
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees. Grease And flour or Spray 2 8 Inch Round Cake Pans With Baker's Joy. (if Using butter And flour, Tap Out The Excess). Mix Together flour, sugar, And Spices in a Large Bowl. Add Lightly Beaten eggs And oil, Grated carrots And Remaining Ingredients. Stir to Combine. Pour Batter Evenly Into The Two Prepared Cake Pans. Bake in Preheated Oven Until Cake Tester or Toothpick Inserted in Center is Nearly Clean When Removed, Approximately 25 Minutes. Allow Cake to Cool, Then Remove From Pan And Frost With cream cheese Frosting (see Below). Variation: Use orange Flavoring Instead of vanilla or rum.
- 12 Oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 Stick butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Cups confectioner's sugar (slightly More if Needed)in The Bowl of an Electric Mixer, Beat Together cream cheese, butter, And vanilla on High Speed. Gradually Beat in The sugar at Reduced Speed. Add More or Less sugar to Achieve Desired Consistency. Spread First Cake Round With 1/3 Frosting For The Bottom, Add The Second Layer And Use Remaining Frosting on Top or Sides. if Desired, Sprinkle With Flaked coconut or Chopped Nuts Before Serving.