This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 pounds cooking apples
- 2 cups apple cider
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- Stem and quarter apples but do not peel.
- Cook apples and cider covered in crock pot on low setting for 10 hours.
- Add sugar and spices and continue cooking 1 hour longer.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars then store in a cool dry place.