Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- butter and flour a 8½-inch round spring-form pan.
- Line bottom with waxed paper.
- In food processor, pulse almonds until finely ground (it is important not to over grind and produce a paste)
- Transfer almonds to a bowl and add sugar and orange peel; mix well.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites and salt until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold in almonds a little at a time.
- Take care not to over mix.
- Sift flour again, a little at a time, over mixture and gently fold in.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes before releasing from pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Transfer cake to serving plate and dust top with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
- Serve in a pool of Cranberry-Orange Compote.