- 1 thinly sliced Onion
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes, peeled & chopped
- 2-3 sweet green peppers, finely chopped
- 2-3 carrots, finely chopped or shredded
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- cooking oil
- salt & pepper
- Saute first 4 ingredients in a small amount of cooking oil and remove from pan. With the same oil, fry the rice, stirring constantly, until each grain is coated with oil.
- Add the water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is cooked, according to directions on the rice packaging.
- Add the vegetables and stir well. Heat thru if necessary.